Wednesday, February 2, 2011

tsa and underpants

Tues AM. We arrive at DIA in the subzero temps with plenty of time to spare. But one of our 50 lb duffles full of meds didn't appear to arrive with us..... Hmmm. After frantic calls and pastors racing to look at the chirch, kayla calls with the news that it is in my car trunk. Hooray for uncle eric who drives like a madman to drop the bag to us just in time, asking me a pertinent question, "is it ok to call you a dumbass before you leave for a mission trip?" well he had only heard the half of it.
I like to keep things fun after all,even with the TSA. You see with the fridgid cold temps , I wore my cozy flannel christmas boxers. They just happen to contain a sound chip that used to play "frosty the snowman". I guess it never crossed my mind that undies with a battery and wires would raise any red flags in the full body scan. Well needless to say I got to meet several tsa supervisors, all who have difficulty smiling. They do have firm but gentle hands though. I was just tryin to keep it fun.

Made the flight with time to spare and all meds due to a slight flight delay. Praise God. My teammates say I have 2 strikes... On the first day! I think i'll lay a bit low for the next day or so. They aren't quite as "fun loving" I guess.

Arriving in Amsterdam in an hour. Lets see what we can arrange.

Electric underpants

1 comment:

  1. Hey... the bright side is you have made many people's day with your story. Hurray for Facebook! As you said.. "Just tryin' to make it fun!"

    ReplyDelete